A man who can’t genuinely enjoy beauty

A fundamental step of the plastic surgery I specialize in is knowing what face shape is most attractive. This is because the target face shape can only be determined once the conception of a beautiful face shape is established and a patient’s flaws are grasped.










Beauty is actually a matter of impression. Humans instinctively respond to beauty and are pleased by it. People generally just enjoy seeing beauty, which in and of itself is one of the great pleasures in life. But I, myself, can’t simply enjoy beauty. This is because I feel the need to know what exactly is perceived beautiful and why it is perceived beautiful. When finding pleasure in seeing beauty, I feel a sense of obligation to analyze the reason why it is perceived beautiful. Particularly when this is not easily defined, it pains me to find out why to the extent it distresses me. As you can expect, it’s indescribable how rewarding it is once I painstakingly figure out why.

















Among the numerous audition programs, I enjoy viewing ‘K-pop Star’ and I listen intently to the judges critiquing after participants have finished performing. It is when I hear the analysis of each participant’s song that I realize why I felt how I did in many cases. I think listening to the analysis of performances drawing on the various theories of music has improved my understanding of music to a certain extent.  

Such theoretical backdrop also exists for beauty. There needs to be a criteria for why a beautiful face is beautiful, why it is attractive logically. Establishing such beauty criteria will elevate the standards of creating beauty and make it more reproducible. 

It’s a pity that I feel the need to probe this while looking at beauty instead of simply just enjoying it genuinely. As I’m essentially losing one of life’s great joys. I think this is a great downside to my line of work. But I think such research will be the foundation to creating more beauty and even foregoing just one of life’s great joys is worthwhile.  

Even today, I am painstakingly researching to unravel this criteria as I look at beauty.   


#healthandmedicalscience #plasticsurgeryessay #beautycriteria #plasticsurgery #drjinsoolee #faceline




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faceline’s ASO (protruding mouth) Surgery?

The laser procedure that you're worried about before the holidays, "If you want it to work, you have to choose according to your symptoms."

Faceline's Eye revision