“It ain’t over til it’s over!”

“It ain’t over til it’s over.” 

These are the famous words of legendary New York Yankees catcher Yogi Berra. From a baseball vantage, having been said by a baseball player, this can be interpreted as not knowing the final outcome of a game until it has completely finished. I take it he’s saying to try your utmost without throwing in the towel right up until the very end, even with 2 outs in the 9th inning as the game can be overturned before the final out.

















When Yogi Berra was the NY Mets coach after retiring as a player for the NY Yankees, they were 9.5 games behind the Chicago Cubs as the worst team in 1973. When interviewed by a reporter as to what he will do after this season, Yogi Berra responded, “It’s ain’t over til it’s over.”  

What’s impressive is that after this interview, they ended up beating the Chicago Cubs at the end of that season and even won the eastern division of the national league. Anyone can say whatever they want but actually seeing it through is extremely difficult and truly an amazing feat.

























I am certainly also always in the operating room until each and every surgery is completely over. And, needless to say, I am the one who makes the call whether surgery is really over. Once the general sequence of surgery has been completed, I take a final look meticulously examining the patient’s face to contemplate whether even the smallest improvement can be made. And if I find a spot that can be tweaked even minutely, I don’t hesitate to continue operating.



























To be honest, this is not an easy decision by any means. I’m tired by the end of surgery, and can’t wait to wrap it up quickly. There’s also my surgical team of our anesthesiologist, 1st assistant to the surgeon, scrub nurse, etc., all waiting for the surgery to end. If the operation went smoothly without any glitches, ending it there would not be a problem. But, I urge myself asking, ‘Did I perform the best surgery possible?’ and persist until I’m positive I did. I turn a blind eye to any chilly response or my body telling me I’m tired. This is because “it ain’t over til it’s over.”  

Leaving these famous words behind, Yogi Berra passed away not too long ago. May he rest in peace.  

I want to end with a song titled after this famous quote. Lenny Kravitz released it in April 1991 but it came back in the spotlight when it was used in a commercial a while back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TmENMZFUU_0  


#drjinsoolee #facelineplasticsurgeryclinic #doublejawsurgery #facialcontouringsurgery #facialreduction #plasticsurgeryessay #immaculatesurgery #bestresultpossible #itaintovertilitsover

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faceline’s ASO (protruding mouth) Surgery?

The laser procedure that you're worried about before the holidays, "If you want it to work, you have to choose according to your symptoms."

Faceline's Eye revision